Monday, March 10, 2008

Chiang Mai

Chiang mai has proven to be a great city to stay in, the activities are endless and is truley the art capitol of Thailand. the atmosphere of the city is great we've been able to find so many activities for some pretty good prices. we took a cooking class the other night which was one of my favorite things we've done, I'm excited to start cooking Thai food upon arriving home. We also floated down a river today on bamboo rafts and visited a tribal village where the women where rings around there neck to elongate them for beauty, it was really interesting but I felt I would be doing them a injustice by taking pictures even though the tour said we could. Meeting new people is by far the greatest thing about traveling weather they be native to the area or fellow travelers from all over the world. I would love to travel alone and solely meet new people in each city to travel around with and get to know, but this desire in no way means I have not enjoyed traveling with the 4 knuckle heads I'm with now, there all great guys and I even had a friend tell me last night that we were all lucky to be traveling in such a great group. We finally met up with the 5 person of our group Aaron yesterday, it was a great reunion since we haven't seen him for 9 months or so. All is well in the land of smiles, and heading to the south to live on some of the greatest beaches is getting us ancy. we'll leave here in a few days.

1 comment:

Marlayne said...

Sounds great! Tell Aaron, T, and Shawn hello. I can't wait for you to come home and eat sushi with me.